OK, so my first ever blog posting, from my first ever web page. Some might say I have come into this too late. Others might wonder why on earth this might help further my career.
The answer to the first query is thus: after graduating in 1999 with a BA in Drama, I immediately panicked, decided I couldn't possibly compete with the thousands of other actors out there and did something else.
What I did for a living might well be covered in the future, for now it's not important.
Suffice to say I only got back into the business I have always loved (but wouldn't dare admit) until a few years ago, when a loved one finally kicked me up the fundament and told me to get on with it.
Ever since then I have been as happy as Larry 'Life Of' Reilly who has been bequeathed to him a lifetime supply of Nitrous Oxide. Apart from the times when I'm not.
I now feel the need to share my thoughts about this fascinating career, the good, the bad and the insanity of it all, to anyone starting out or those who are just interested in what goes on in the business of show that is quite unlike any business you have ever experienced.
I hope it helps, or at the very least entertains. Remember I have been a full time actor for only a small amount of time, this is all a big learning curve for me too, so all thoughts are greatly received. Plus there will be play and film reviews, so please feel free to add to those.
In answer to the second query you may have, this probably won't help my career, but I don't see it harming it. For now....
Thanks all, and here is to the future!
Tuesday, 7 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment